« | »

Woman Claims She Raised a Baby Bigfoot

By Cryptozoology News January 12th, 2014

swamp bigfootAVONDALE, La.–A woman claims she helped raise a Bigfoot between the years 1964 and 1972. L. Melacetti, 70, says she found the animal when he was a baby, abandoned in the swamps of Louisiana.

“He was so little, so cute. I had to do something about it. He was so defenseless, laying next to the mud and water, curled, crying like a baby, his parents were either dead or they had abandoned him,” the ex-farmer  said.

The hominid, Melacetti explained, was 20 pounds and had a hairless face that “did not look like a human’s nor a monkey’s.”

“He accepted me as a friend right away. I took him home only for three nights to nurse him back to health.”

In the course of those three days, she fed the Bigfoot anything she had at hand, from lettuce and tomatoes, to eggs and goat milk. “And he liked tomatoes very much. He’d take them away from my hands and eat them whole. His favorite ones were brandywine, although he seemed to enjoy the cherry tomatoes too.”

Bigfoot Artlibre License
Bigfoot in the Woods by JNL Artlibre License

After releasing the animal back into the wilderness, it kept coming back to Melacetti’s small house. “So, every time he came back, usually during evening, when most people weren’t around, I’d give him more food.”

She lived in that house as a single woman and had no children, which made it easy for her to keep a secret. “He was my friend. Even though he couldn’t speak well, sometimes he’d say words I taught him in English.”

Words like “tomato”, “food”, “love” and “hungry”. Eventually, she says, the beast grew up, and one night Melacetti received an unusual but pleasant surprise.

“He brought a friend with him! At first the other guy was shy, hiding behind the bushes, but little by little, he began to trust me too. So there we were, sitting on my porch, two Bigfoots and I, having dinner under the moon.”

“When people in town began using them CB radios, the Bigfoots didn’t visit as much. Then I had to move out because of my age, but I know they are still there, a big group of Bigfoots. I taught them about hunters and other people that might hurt them and not to trust any humans. I shouldn’t be telling you this, but…maybe my old age betrayed me.”

Melacetti did not want to give away the location where the alleged events occurred, but she promised that “Bigfoots are real and that they happen to be excellent creatures, docile and better than most people. And by the way, they don’t smell bad like some idiots say.”

Tomatoes Bigfoot

When asked about evidence such as pictures she replied that she has some she keeps in a secret spot. “Oh you rascal, the only reason I wanted to tell you my story is to show the world these animals are beautiful creatures. But I would never, ever, betray my best friends. I have given you a story. Tell it. That’s all. Only another person besides you knows my secret now, my friend Maggie who contacted you about it.”

She also spoke of not wanting to do any future interviews and asked to be left alone. She is planning to publish her secret journal someday, she said.

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (4 votes, average: 4.50 out of 5)
Loading ... Loading ...

29,208 views

38 Responses to “Woman Claims She Raised a Baby Bigfoot”

1. Tala says:

What a wonderful woman to take in a baby Sasquatch person like that! And how great that her family expanded with other Sasquatch people. Thank you for writing this!

If she’s reading this comment, please publish sooner, rather than later. The world needs to know from many different sources that they are another type of human, e.g. they have families, music, culture, and religion. They are not monsters, nor are they a type of gorilla!

2. GuitarGy says:

I Grew up in Avondale. 1969-1989. lol i don’t remember ever seeing one when i was skipping school, playing in the woods that surrounds Avondale. Wish I had seen one.

3. Jay Pee says:

This woman is clearly schizophrenic. Shame on you for publishing her delusions and contributing to the problem.

• Laura says:

I don’t think so. Not everybody that sees and thinks differently has mental problems. THAT is the problem with assumptions like yours.

I say good for them for publishing it and treating the woman with respect.

• Jaal says:

Relax, it´s really not that scary if it were true.
      Approach everything with an open mind and a brave heart.

• Merk says:

And you are clearly a psychologist who has had more interaction with her besides a short article.

• Sam says:

You clearly do not believe in Sasquatch…that’s OK…many sane people do not. However, they do exist, and her fantastic story does not validate schizophrenia. She may be telling a tall tale, but for what purpose? Again you are not wrong to disbelieve, but I choose to hope it to be a true story.

• Bob says:

Grizzly Adams syndrome. She sounds nice but if I raised one I would never tell any one just arrange to publish photos after my death and mislead people as to where and when they were taken to keep the rednecks wanting a National Enquirer headline. Let them look 2-3 states away.Maybe some idiot shot his parents when he tried to protect him and he was lost and alone. She could be a bored old nutwhack with nothing to do and wanting to feel important or she could be telling the truth.

4. vlmodcon says:

I see nothing schizophrenic at all about what she is saying. Perhaps she is relating actual experiences, perhaps wished-for experiences. It does seem that she discusses some unexpected details, particularly the tomatoes. I find her story quite charming.

• michael warren says:

No offense, but you apparently are very gullible. Little details in no way verify a story, particularly a story that requires strong evidence. I can assure you that practiced liars throw in many small details. I hope you never serve on a jury.

• vlmodcon says:

Mr. Warren: Did I use the word “believe” in anything that I said? I can’t find it. I place her story in the great, wondrous reservoir of human communication that can never be fully verified, nor fully disproved. I simply do not “believe” that she suffers from schizophrenia, having dealt with hundreds of patients who do. Do I completely rule out the possibility that she is relating fact? No, I don’t. I am more inclined to perceive a lonely woman, who wishes for there to be more wonder in her life, and the world in general, but I cannot know that, and neither can you. Oh, just a few more things. I place you in that category of human who simply can’t be honest about their motives. Of course you meant to be offensive…it is your greatest joy in life, perhaps your only joy. I’ve served on 4 juries, 3 criminal and 1 civil. All of them had what was called an objective chain of evidence and required a far different level of intellectual rigor. You see I have quite a range of intellectual tools upon which I can draw under different circumstances. Attempted murder, embezzlement, corporate fraud and sexual abuse require an entirely different level of analysis from the harmless, charming story of a clearly kind and decent elderly woman. I hope you never have a child, as you will almost certainly stunt his or her inner spirit and sense of wonder. And that is both my genuine feeling, and 100 percent meant to be offensive.

• Mural Artist says:

Well said, vlmodcon! Yours is certainly the more intelligent answer

• Bob says:

AND 4 count’em 4 juries do not make you Siggie Freud. You sound like a Michael Jackson speech outside a courthouse where he is on trial. You big girl you. Or a little Peter Pann dialogue maybe….sheesh. Lifetime of accomplishments served on 4 juries and gullibly let 3 murderers off due to overdeveloped “compassion” gland…LOL….what a loser UR. I’ll bet you thin wrestling is real….and political conventions too….and Demmycrats….. LOL.. gotta go to the hospital i cracked a rib …..chortle geech guffaw….

5. Steve says:

I can believe her story,, I have had some experiences with Bigfoot that as in similar in nature. People who scoff at the idea of creatures interacting with humans have never been in the woods much and I doubt if they have ever visited the local zoo.

6. Danny D says:

I absolutely love hearing stories like this one..I don’t know the woman but I won’t doubt what she’s saying..Everybody can believe what they want but I just know these things are real and stories like these happens..

7. Candace says:

There is nothing schizophrenic about the woman… I find the story authentic. it is time for you dark ones to stop pestering on such material,,, because we are NOT mentally ill who have open minds.

I take it Jay Pee, you have never worked with the schizophrenic have you?

8. michael warren says:

I believe you mind is so open your brain fell out. Are you interested in some beach front property in Arizona?

• vlmodcon says:

Mr Warren: You present an odd causality chain. “Mind” refers to the apparently incorporeal set of thoughts, perceptions, beliefs, hopes and other mental constructs that, taken as a whole, seems to define the human self. It is not a physical container. That’s called a skull, along with concomitant soft tissue elements that are wonderfully suited to protecting the brain, which seems almost certainly to have some role in either the genesis or the expression of the mind. Ah, I guess you know that. If beach front property existed in Arizona, and I could fly there and see it, I would be quite interested in buying it. While hiking the Appalachian Trail, South to North, I found myself many days completely alone, in deep, almost primeval forest. I amused myself by imagining that around the next bend, in the next clearing there would be a Sasquatch, at which point I would just stop, and enjoy the wonder of such a thing being in front of me. It never happened, but the thought of such a thing brought me great joy. I hope I never lose that ability.Does maintaining a mental game such as this over several thousand miles make me schizophrenic? I don’t think so.

• Mural Artist says:

Mr. Warren is outclassed again! Give up, sir, your moron is showing

• Bob says:

AND…..THEN…….I wrote a story…I call it Alice who went down a hole and met crazy people and animals who talked and decapitated people and then I took my medication and now I feel better Mumsie…..then I met a Walrus and a
        carpenter walking don the beach…can I have some more laudanum Mumsie?You give me the pooting disease….

9. Lisa Falour says:

Her story reminds me of the “woods helpers” or whatever the heck the name is. I read a story about elderly people in rural USA (Appalachia?) who, as they got on in years, if they were all alone, would have little creatures show up to do rather menial chores and help them out. The “pay” was food, and they’d eat outside. They did like beer and otherwise did fine on rather rustic country fare the old people had. A witness had seen one of these and had asked the elderly person about it, and got this amazing story. No way to prove it, but it’s a charming story! This one is, too.

• vlmodcon says:

That’s a fantastic story! I have relatives in that part of the world. I wonder if they have heard of the “woods helpers?”

10. what ever says:

What.. Yeah f’n right..?! The first person in the world to raise a “big foot” and she got NO evidence what so ever, no photos, NOTHING..
    Sad that this even got an article =P
    Don’t get me wrong, there might be big foot looking creatures out there in the world, but this is just nonsense..

11. Amy says:

My friend has a Bigfoot that comes to visit her as well. She leaves bowl of blue berries out for him. I was there one time when it came to visit and am so thankful for the experience.

12. Antonio says:

Picture’s, picture’s …. picture’s!

No photo’s, no Squatch.

• Amy says:

There are plenty of pictures available and DNA from hair samples,yet people still refuse to believe. Seeing is believing and until you have an experience such as mine and others, there is nothing I can tell you to convince you, even if I wanted to.

• bossmnky says:

Picture’s, picture’s …. picture’s!
      No photo’s, no Squatch.

Apostrophe’s apostrophe’s apostrophe’s! My goodnes’s why do so many people’s think’s they need’s to add’s an apostrophe for every word’s that end’s in an ‘s’? Doesn’t do much for your credibility as a commenter. Yeah, I know, it’s only grammar but come on.

13. Confabulations says:

Ah, dementia. :)

14. Howard Thurston says:

Lessee…
    1. no one ever sees this with her
    2. it is a baby and she raises it… it was abandoned.
    3. It goes away and comes back with another… HOW did it know where to go to find the others? It was abandoned??
    4. There are no witnesses.
    5. She has photos, but in a secret place.
    6. She won’t show the photos but wanted to tell the story so the world “would know how ….”

Conclusion- this is nothing more than a nice story. I can do one too: There once was this tornado.. and I rushed in the house, it took me up and I landed in this place where there were these little people…

15. Pam says:

If she really believes it then whats the harm?
    and who is to say its not true? Just because you don’t believe in them does not make it true. If they are real I wish everyone would just leave them alone.

16. rubin says:

its just a story,do we really havee to go to the neg on every story that is told….

17. Tara says:

For some people it’s easier to tear down ideas that to come up with them. It doesn’t matter whether her story is true or not. Binary thinkers are thankfully being replaced by open-minded people that don’t see the world in black and white. These people don’t need to either accept or reject, believe or not believe. They can hold ideas in suspension and wonder. Don’t be offended, binary thinkers are merely trapped in an old mindset, they can’t help that their minds haven’t evolved to the level of complexity required to be creative and expressive as opposed to critical and narrow. They will eventually become nearly extinct and forced to hide in the shadows. Someday no one will believe they ever existed… Just like Bigfoot.

• Bob says:

HEEYYY Blossom Goodchild in the house!!!!I’ll bet you don’t believe in Jesus do you you open minded person you.I for one id not say it didn’t happen but she could not expect discerning people to buy it outright on her say so when she supposedly has photos.It’s not about whether bigfoot exists but if her story is credible and some of you sound so open minded that you must wear a doo rag to keep your brain from falling onto the gravel road. Cheers and g’night.

18. Justin Mcmaster says:

I may have never seen a Bigfoot, but I believe in the creature 100%. Evidence is all around you. When I read some of the blogs I have to wonder if even they know what they are talking about! I happen to know their diet, migration routes, and many other secrets about them. I also know what color they are in the juvenile years. I know many things about them. Try digging a little deeper into the sightings before making assumptions. I am glad that at least some open-minded people are visiting this website. If your so close-minded why even visit this website?! It appears to me that you might just enjoy ridiculing people in your free time. Amy, thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am actually planning on studying Bigfoot in the wild. Of course I would not tell anybody where I found them. I would not want some hunters and poachers going after it. If I was offered $10,000,000 reward I would still be silent. I do not care about money.

19. Steve says:

In other news a woman who reportedly raised a baby bigfoot was arrested after police found 20,000 pounds of marijuana she had grown between 1964 and 1972. She had no comment for reporters other than she was reallllllllllyyyyy hungry.