Connect with us

Media

Missourian Captures Audio of ‘Sasquatch Screams’

Mo. — A researcher believes he has recorded the screams of ‘Sasquatch’ in the southwestern Missouri part of the Ozark mountains.

Randy Savig, a disabled 50-year-old that has been investigating the Bigfoot phenomenon for over three years, says the audio recorder captured the alleged screams at 10.30 p.m. in an area known as Pine Ridge.

“For the most part I do audio work,” he told Cryptozoology News. “This was the first time I have been able to catch this close enough for it to be fairly clear,” he added.

The audio file, which lasts close to three minutes, was reportedly recorded with a parabolic microphone and it represents a series of unidentified howls interrupted by dog barks and a train whistle. As soon as the train sounds subside, the howls resume.

“We were at camp about a mile away,” says Savig. “I have pretty much eliminated local critters.  At first I thought it was a canine, but when you put the sounds on a spectrogram they don’t match with them.”

Savig believes his recording contains a communication event between two or more of the unproven creatures.

“There appears to be a distant reply with the same human-like quality. It is purported that Bigfoot has a human-like quality to some of their vocals.  I also posted later in the day this one that also has some similar vocals and it is closer to the recorder Pine Ridge 151207

He thinks the screams sound very much like the creature known as the Wild Man. The Wild Man is a purported hairy hominid, resembling humans, reputed to inhabit different parts of the world. In Russia, they call them Almas.

In 1982, author Carroll C. Calkins, in the first edition of Mysteries of the Unexplained, wrote the story about a Russian soldier who was asked to interrogate a man believed to be a spy and later determined the suspect to be one of these cryptids.

Just last week, an Australian researcher released audio of what he believes to be a similar creature.

In 2014, a Bigfoot enthusiast recorded a series of sounds in Washington state resembling those captured by the Missourian.

And even though Savig admits that it is quite difficult to identify all the sounds he frequently captures, he suspects that, because of the additional evidence from the Ozarks, it’d be possible for it to be a Sasquatch.

“I am not able to know all the sounds that known animals make, so they are classified as unknown,” he said. “It is the first time we caught these type of vocals, but it won’t be the last.”

Savig is asking the listeners and other researchers to help him identify the mysterious howls.

Latest posts by Cryptozoology News (see all)

Continue Reading
8 Comments

8 Comments

1. Rick

February 17, 2015 at 11:26 pm

his recording is SO legit, I put MY name on it! lol. Ball bags, the lot of you.

2. Bow Dangles

February 24, 2015 at 9:21 am

The train horn, had a similar reverberation.
    With the way sound bounces off the hills down here, it’s hard telling what it was.
    I’m not a scientist, but I’ve spent 63 years living, and hunting in these hills, and believe it is nothing more than a coyote, possibly a mountain lion.
    I have heard folks talk about Sasquatch all my life. However, the interesting thing to me, is that there is questionable film footage, but how come there has never been skeletal remains

• showmefox

March 10, 2015 at 5:27 pm

Skeletal remains? There is 300 million people in this country, have you ever seen our skeletal remains? Me neither. I believe these animals are part human and respect the dead. With modern cameras getting better and more affordable, soon there will be some video proof.

3. Thor

February 24, 2015 at 4:50 pm

Nice recording of coyotes

4. Mathus

May 27, 2015 at 2:48 pm

The ‘Human like tones’ sound like dogs. Which would be responding to coyotes I guess.

5. Larry

April 11, 2016 at 7:20 pm

I believe it’s what you think it is. At first I swore I would take it to my grave and never speak of this. I have actually seen one walking away from me crossing i44 between Marshfield and Lebanon. First time I was passenger about 2am going to work when I was woke by driver saying what the hell is this. Saw very clear at close range. 2nd time was same area but earlier in evening one night on my way home from work (Westbound on 44) animal was little further away in east bound lanes in another cars headlights. So both sightings had multiple witnesses. They are very much real. Makes Me Wonder about Those Times out hearing strange howls writing it off as cow or other animals like coyote???

6. Bill

August 29, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Creepy yes. Bigfoot NO. Not very much air in the lungs. Calls way to short for a Bigfoot.

7. Anon

July 16, 2017 at 11:50 pm

That is most definitely a red fox howl. They sound surprisingly human! I once heard one for the first time and called 911 because I thought someone was getting killed in the woods behind me. Luckily it was a fox and not some serial killer on the loose!