Virginian Shares ‘Bigfoot’ Photograph

Posted on Jun 30 2014 - 12:03am by Cryptozoology News

A man in Virginia says his dad and a friend took a series of photographs Saturday he believes could contain a Bigfoot creature hanging out at a certain location along the Intracoastal Waterway.

Randy O’Neal, who states that Microsoft and Google are his “bread and butter”, uploaded the pictures to YouTube for the world to see.

“Finally, a photo that is not blurry nor hidden behind a tree. A clear photo of Bigfoot standing out in the wide open. You be the judge,” he wrote about the photographs.

virginia bigfoot

Bigfoot? Credit: Randy O’Neal/YouTube

But the pictures are not just the coincidence of a random summer day. They were taken by his dad and his friend “Uncle Jap” while fishing at the same location they had supposedly spotted the cryptid 25 years ago.

“For 25 years this has been a story that we could only share with the kids and grand kids, and honestly, we have always wondered,” says O’Neal.

The man is referring to the Sasquatch encounter he and his family had the year he allegedly shot the animal

“It was around 9 p.m. and we had been camping, fishing and shooting beer cans. We had settled down for the night on a remote creekside in Virginia, about five miles from civilization off the Intracoastal Waterway,” he explains.

The then 15-year-old O’Neal, his dad and a friend gathered around a fire pit when the teenager reportedly noticed a pair of red eyes observing them behind the bushes. According to the young eyewitness, this went on for about 20 minutes.

“Eventually, my dad handed me the shotgun. He said, ‘shoot the damn thing!’. I said, ‘daddy, I only see it when the fire flickers a certain way’. ‘Then just shoot it where you think it is,’ said my dad.”

The irresponsible action led to a series of “blood curling” screams. The animal supposedly ran through the woods and into the water, causing a big splash.

“For a long time that night we felt like we were walking on eggshells, scared to blink. We never heard anything else,” O’Neal recalls. The following morning the trio noticed a path that had been cleared by the creature as if “a skid steer had gone through the woods.”

The picture is being criticized by YouTube users who argue that it is just a tree stump.

“I can personally say that these are the clearest, most ‘non blurred’ I personally have ever seen. Let forensics do their work. Make what you want of it. My memories and experiences have made me a believer. We are not claiming that this is a ‘Bigfoot’, but I promise you that whatever I shot was something that I have never seen or heard before nor again in my life,” said O’Neal.

The Intracoastal Waterway is a 3,000-mile inland waterway along the Atlantic and Gulf coasts of the United States, consisting of natural inlets, saltwater rivers, bays and artificial canals.

Latest posts by Cryptozoology News (see all)

1. Dave June 29, 2014 at 4:54 pm - Reply

That’s a tree stump. And what kind of dad gives a shotgun to a 15-year-old and tells him just to shoot wildly at something unidentified? Sounds like this gene pool is pretty shallow.

• stacey c July 3, 2014 at 6:15 am - Reply

the kind of dad that appears to have been drinking, they say they were shooting beer cans, I can only assume they emptied the cans first… I am not saying it is a tree stump or it isnt but the whole story just seems to be a bit fishy to me,

2. CraxyD June 29, 2014 at 10:57 pm - Reply

STOOPID redneck! Violating one of the biggest rules of firearm safety.

3. Flerp Romney June 29, 2014 at 11:32 pm - Reply

Well, there is it. I hope all of you doubters feel really stupid for ever questioning the existence of these creatures.

4. Flerp Romney June 29, 2014 at 11:34 pm - Reply

“…there is it”??

Bigfoot stole my grammar.

5. Flerp Romney June 29, 2014 at 11:36 pm - Reply

Grampar is gonna be so lonely.

6. Big Foot June 30, 2014 at 12:26 am - Reply

Stop looking for me. I am not lost.

BF

7. peedubya June 30, 2014 at 3:58 am - Reply

Well thats a tree stump in the shade!

/thread

• Wee Liam March 1, 2016 at 12:11 am - Reply

No question about it. I IDed that as a stump within 3 seconds.

OF COURSE there are Bigfoots in Virginia. There are also a fair number of tree stumps, some of them burnt.

Sorry, not a Bigfoot. Move along, folks.

8. leo June 30, 2014 at 9:47 am - Reply

Horse shit

9. Walter Jakubowski June 30, 2014 at 9:54 am - Reply

The reason I know that there are no “BIG FOOTS” is no one has found a dead one. If they have lived for thousands of years a dead one would have been discovered by now.

• Mo bigfoot September 19, 2015 at 8:01 pm - Reply

not if they bury their dead like we do, or they go to some remote area like other mammals to die quietly in peace.

• Wee Liam March 1, 2016 at 12:17 am - Reply

You ever run across a cougar carcass? There’s cougar out there, in Virginia, too. Heard one scream camping in Nelson County one night. I just about jumped out of my skin!

Heard – and FELT – something REALLY heavy and bipedal walk past my tent, too. Might have been the same trip, not sure. There were a number of campers, so I seriously doubt a black bear went tippy-toeing through on his hind feet.

Never heard of anyone finding a cougar carcass. But they sure exist.

10. Justin ruiner of marriages June 30, 2014 at 10:15 am - Reply

I am a believer

11. Boo June 30, 2014 at 11:46 am - Reply

Can i point out that they called their cell phone a call phone…the teen was told to shot at something even with out knowing for sure what it was..smh yea redneck. ALSO thats a hollowed out log morons.

12. mark June 30, 2014 at 11:53 am - Reply

the proof we have all been waiting for!! finally, a link between drinking til your stupid and only have empty cans and an insipid imagination left. Seems like this should have been in Alabamastan or a couple of Georgia cops, but Virginia rednecks know how to work a farce too. Now we have proof though, inane people will drink til until it seems like a good idea to put on big foot costumes and fark each other

13. Craig June 30, 2014 at 4:26 pm - Reply

Someone Call BOBO and Rene. Animal planet will have a field day with this one.

14. Fred June 30, 2014 at 9:21 pm - Reply

There’s several problems with this:

#1 they claim they could only see it when the firelight reflected off it’s eyes, and it was after 9pm at night, yet the pics are clearly in the middle of the day.

#2 they claim it was a cellphone camera, 25 years ago in 1989…..yet the first cellcamera The Sanyo SCP-5300 , was not released until 2002.

sp I am wondering how they managed to take a daylight picture, at night, with an object that didn’t even exist for another 13 years?

• VoidbioV July 1, 2014 at 2:19 am - Reply

Not saying it’s anything in the pic but some people need to read before looking like an idiot themselves.
      “while fishing at the same location they had supposedly spotted the cryptid 25 years ago.”

• Mista Marsupial February 14, 2016 at 1:46 am - Reply

Perhaps you shsould have read the above…quoted from the post itself…seems they are claiming it is a photo of the creature themselves.

So…clearly phone cameras did not exist then…and so what are we to make of it ? …complete fabrication,I guess.

• Mista Marsupial February 14, 2016 at 1:50 am - Reply

From re-reading the article yet again,it seems it is the way the article is written that gives rise to the confusion…it refers to 2 sightings and one of them was 25 years ago,the other being “last Saturday”…but the stories are mixed and there is no clear indication of which is which story…so confusion reigns…seems everybody is right.

• John July 1, 2014 at 3:23 am - Reply

These two events, the 9 p.m. disturbance followed by the 15-year-old’s “shooting”, and the pictures in the video, are separated by 25 years. Come on, folks, let’s read more carefully.

• Michael July 1, 2014 at 5:40 am - Reply

Re-read the story and this time try to comprehend what it says.

• you idioy July 1, 2014 at 6:38 am - Reply

It says the pics were taken on 6.28.14 you ass. The thing ran off that night when he was a boy how the hell could they snap pics. He didnt say they took pics back then.

• Matt July 1, 2014 at 9:49 am - Reply

You may want to read the article again…. Because you have completely misunderstood the facts/dates.
      But I don’t believe it’s Bigfoot. Or the Loch Ness Monster. Or aliens. ….

• Terryw1955 July 1, 2014 at 9:26 pm - Reply

Duh Fred says:..If you could read you might understand this was two separate events..what I igmo lol !!!!

• Rebecca C July 3, 2014 at 11:52 pm - Reply

My understanding is that the story about shooting it in the darkness was that it happened 25 years ago. Then they were in the same area (probably a place they frequent often) in June of this year, and captured the photos then. I agree, it is very poorly explained.

• Wee Liam March 1, 2016 at 12:20 am - Reply

LOL. Yeah. With the camera on the “call phone”.

They know perfectly well that’s a stinkin’ stump. What kinda fools do these rubes take us for?

15. Mike in Terrell July 1, 2014 at 3:31 am - Reply

Fred — you are an F’n idiot. Go to school and learn to read. He is telling a story of what happened 25 years ago. And then his father took the picture in JUNE, 2014. That would be THIS YEAR !!!

16. Jonathan July 1, 2014 at 5:11 am - Reply

Fred… while there are indeed several problems with this story, yours seems to be reading comprehension. You’re completely conflating two stories, each with their own timeline. Please take a breath, read it again, experience that “ah-hah” moment, and try again. Note: If “ah-hah” never comes to you, please go away and stay there.

17. BD Katt July 1, 2014 at 5:06 pm - Reply

I am a believer, one of them things sleeps with me every night.

18. Terryw1955 July 1, 2014 at 9:32 pm - Reply

But remember everyone, Sasquatch or Bigfoot lives in the Whitehouse with her 50 servants !! This must be a cousin of hers !

19. John Bigfoot July 2, 2014 at 4:59 am - Reply

The photograph is certainly fake and not genuine!

20. Grey July 2, 2014 at 7:30 pm - Reply

Mr O’Neal just posted a story about his family, and being rude is low-brow and unnecessary. It could definitely be something. It looks like a body turned around and walking away. I am an investigator in Virginia and I would love to have the opportunity to go look. I do believe he is telling the truth and I would like to know what it is. It’s a shame you can’t tell a story and not be attacked by low people.

• Wee Liam March 1, 2016 at 12:22 am - Reply

If you go there – and I hope you do – and you don’t find a dark-colored STUMP in that exact location – it’s because these fakers removed it.

21. Lucky July 3, 2014 at 1:08 pm - Reply

Agreed….people read stories like this and automatically begin attacking ones beliefs. Yes it’s alright to have your own opinions and beliefs but don’t go start attacking someone saying that what they say they saw or what happened to them isn’t true because you don’t know because you weren’t there!

22. DAR the Researcher July 17, 2014 at 8:18 am - Reply

Last time I posted a comment on the giant insect I had wittnessed a giant dead fly and collected it for some reason it was not posted. I would hope this time this one is. My comment to the person saying sasquatch never found dead is not actually correct. In history of the USA there is actually a fair amount of referenaces one can find of a dead sasquatch. As well you never find dead cougars or simmilar in the woods do to especialy the main habitat of the Sasquatch western USA and Canada has acidic soil and small predators from birds to foxes etc can clean out a large carcass fairly quick and then the bones disolve in the acidic soil.

23. John Mayse September 29, 2014 at 10:24 am - Reply

I can’t believe any father would tell his 15 year old son to shoot at some unknown object without known what it is. Sounds like all were drunk morons and about this trail he left going through the brush tearing up by roots bull!!!!!

24. RSE October 21, 2014 at 5:01 am - Reply

Oooh yea, I saw Hank (hoax), Peter Pan & Tinker bell behind the bushes eating a kangaroo. You should have used a grenade. Your dada would have soooo proud of you.

25. daniel clavette March 28, 2015 at 8:35 pm - Reply

I am truly believer and the photo is truly big foot see ner the lacs.