Intensive-Care Nurse Photographs ‘Bigfoot’ in Ohio Field

Posted on Jan 15 2015 - 12:01am by Cryptozoology News

LAGRANGE, Ohio– An intensive-care nurse snapped a picture of what she believes could be a “Sasquatch” creature in northeastern Ohio.

The photograph, released on internet forum The Gear Page by a musician named Gurtz who claims to be the cousin of the eyewitness, was reportedly taken at 2:30 p.m. on Jan. 11, 2015.

“She works nights in ICU,” Gurtz said. “She’s really freaked out about it,” he added, “she says could have only been a Sasquatch.”

The nurse’s husband and children, says the musician, were also startled by the alleged creature. He also claims that he is trying to get family members to collect some possible physical evidence such as footprints, but that, “of course, no one wants to go back” to the area.

Purported "Sasquatch" walks along the fence of the nurse's property. Credit: Gurtz/The Gear Page
Purported “Sasquatch” walks along the fence of the nurse’s property. Credit: Gurtz/The Gear Page

The image shows an ape-shaped silhouette seemingly walking along a fence line on the snowy Ohio ground. Gurtz, impressed by the photograph, managed to estimate the height of the purported beast.

“I’m absolutely blown away by it! There are several items included that give the creature scale. This is the first photo I’ve seen that gives the viewer a sense of actual size. You can see the picnic table to the left, a broken cable spool, and the fence lines. There are several items included that give the creature scale. The fence posts are 4 feet tall, and the creature is clearly twice the height of the posts. There is also a picnic table in the photo for additional scale. My cousin said that even from a distance, they couldn’t believe the size of it. I would have chased after it – risk be damned! I’m trying to get her brother to go out there before it snows, and get some pictures of the prints.”

The man also pointed out that, if you look closely, you can see “snow stuck to the hair on the leg and buttocks” of the photographed subject.

“I thought it was a cut-out silhouette at first. By expanding the image, I could see hair hanging off its forearm, and snow stuck to its backside,” he explained on the music-dedicated forum.

Some members of the forum immediately criticized the picture, arguing that there is “no natural variation in the coloring of its hair”.

“Something is off about it… too black,” wrote Mango. “One thing for sure,if I see a ‘Bigfoot’ I’m taking pictures until the card is full or it’s gone out of sight. That is a big wide open field from what I can tell, lots of time for more pics. Nobody was in any danger as whatever it was going, it was away from them.”

Others are calling it a hoax.

But Gurtz disagrees. He says his cousin and her family have “nothing to gain” from faking the sighting.

“It’s not impossible, but it is highly improbable. I told her brother it looked fake, but he insisted it isn’t. It’s good to see people are having fun with it. Most, I suspect, are ‘intelligentsia’ type personalities. Even if you presented physical proof, they would deem it as being ‘manufactured’. They have a name for this affliction of the mind.”

Gurtz, who indicated the alleged photographed creature’s resemblance to the one purportedly captured on the Patterson-Gimlin film, is also aware that the world needs more evidence to prove the existence of Bigfoot.

“I’ve watched a ton of videos, but nothing impressive enough to convince me. If they are real, they are most likely Neanderthal,” he said.

After all the giving criticism, Gurtz has been asking his cousin for more evidence and he says that “if they don’t have additional pics” he will have no choice but to consider it a “hoax”.

LaGrange, a village located in Lorain County, is home to 2,200 people, including the former mayor of Cleveland.

Ohio is not new to reports of Bigfoot sightings. The Grassman, a monkey-like creature reputed to live around Cuyahoga Valley National Park, is considered the main subject of cryptid reports emanating from the Buckeye State.

On June 24, 1980, a Bellefountaine off-duty police officer said he was “surprised and dumbfounded” after seeing a “seven- feet-tall, hairy animal” in his barnyard.

In 2012, footage of an alleged Grassman went viral when a YouTube user uploaded the controversial clip. Later, the video was taken down from YouTube by Ryan Ledoux on copyright grounds, although it remained available to watch on the alternative video-sharing website LiveLeak.

In 2013, TV show Mountain Monsters released footage of a purported creature they believed to be the elusive cryptid. Reverend Jeffrey Kelley, a well-known Bigfoot news internet commenter, posted a video about the clip shortly after the original video clip was released.

Just a few days ago, TV show Finding Bigfoot crew member James Bobo Fay tweeted his recent nocturnal encounter in Ohio with what he called a “juvenile Sasquatch”.

1. Raymond Gardner II January 15, 2015 at 3:20 pm - Reply

Hello,
    Is there a way to contact Gurt? I am a senior field researcher for a group called A.P.E. (American Primate Exploration) we catalogue bigfoot sightings here in Ohio. (Ohio Grass Man).
    I would love to sit down with him and the witness and discuss this encounter, and possibly studi the location of the sighting.
    if possible please send me their contact info, or they can feel free to call me any time. 330 -241-0343.
    Ray Gardner II

• joni painter January 17, 2015 at 8:39 am - Reply

I’ve seen him twice. My children also had a sighting while waiting on the bus on morning. Logan County, Ohio.

• Mona fincham January 18, 2015 at 7:54 pm - Reply

I live 15 minutes from there. My BIL lives across the road. If interested email me.

• Sonya Horstman January 23, 2015 at 2:22 pm - Reply

hey this wwas taken in my yard in Oberlin!!! come see for self….East Hamilton Road

• Grant G. September 16, 2015 at 2:03 pm - Reply

That’s not snow on its backside, that’s “faux”. When you zoom in on the pic, you can see the silhouette where it has been photo-shopped and obviously the edges have been blurred, it leaves a distinctive hazy outline around the creature it even looks like the grass along the fence line has been added or smudged after the image was placed there. Unless bigfoot’s giving off more heat than a nuclear reactor, it’s an obvious hoax, sorry folks.

2. Larry Ziffle January 15, 2015 at 6:53 pm - Reply

This pic looks real to me I’m Canadian from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, I first became interested in Sasquatch or Bigfoot travelling to the West Coast of Canada to British Columbia.There have been numerous sightings throughout that province. There has been a sighting in the far north of our province, Watching Finding Bigfoot I believe there are Bigfoot throughout the world.

3. Ashley January 15, 2015 at 10:58 pm - Reply

I’m all about proving that BF is real and hoping and praying to see that one good photo of it BUT come on! This isn’t an actual BF, it looks more like the plywood cutouts of BF people stick in their yards.

Back to the drawing board….

4. JP Smith January 16, 2015 at 10:09 am - Reply

Why isn’t the person who took the picture speaking out about their experience? Instead, we have their “cousin” giving the report? That’s the strangest thing about this story…lol!

🙂

5. Jim January 17, 2015 at 4:17 am - Reply

This looks like a picture of someone wearing black and their hood happens to be up. If it is in Ohio then that would probably be because of how cold it has been recently. Anyways then the picture looks like the camera was set to its lowest resolution so that it wouldn’t come out that clear. Also i can not find the picnic table that was mentioned for a reference of height.

6. Britt January 17, 2015 at 5:05 am - Reply

Looks like someone wearing a long black coat. It’s definitely not big foot lol

7. Ricefarmer January 17, 2015 at 7:06 am - Reply

Sorry folks. But this plywood cutout is still out by the fence and anyone of you can drive by today and take your very own Squatch photo in Legrange.

• Jared July 11, 2016 at 9:42 am - Reply

It’s a metal cutout. I live where this Sasquatch is.

8. nuts January 17, 2015 at 8:16 am - Reply

anyone who believes in this bigfoot fraud, of any type and/or anywhere, is a total and complete fool

• Annette October 27, 2015 at 5:03 am - Reply

Hello Nuts,
      I’m Annette. I am one of those FOOLS that believe in Bigfoot. At one time I was a non-believer, but things changed and so did my way of thinking.

9. mike January 17, 2015 at 12:06 pm - Reply

Wow.we have snow.john hysong says let’s go track it.

10. Missy January 17, 2015 at 12:44 pm - Reply

I’m sorry, but this appears to me to be a person dressed for cold weather. Could possibly be a hunter tracking something given the area. Definitely not Bigfoot.

11. Scott January 17, 2015 at 3:07 pm - Reply

Crudely Photoshopped. They cut it out from the classic hoax film.

12. carolyn miller January 17, 2015 at 4:41 pm - Reply

I saw bigfoot back in the 80′ in Lagrange,more than once.If you leave him alone he won’t hurt you.

13. Dan January 17, 2015 at 5:11 pm - Reply

that looks like the wooden cutout of a big foot over on nickel plate diagonal. I’d pass this everyday I’d go to work. I lived in Lagrange for a while. Lol

• Tina January 18, 2015 at 7:37 am - Reply

Where is this located in Lagrange? I live in Lagrange and would like to see the location. Is this the same place the recent one was sighted.

• Jared July 11, 2016 at 9:45 am - Reply

It’s at my house. We still have it out. Nice to see that you like it and by the way it’s metal.

14. B January 17, 2015 at 8:25 pm - Reply

Lagrange OH is just about 40 minutes from where I live currently and right around the corner from my dad’s place. I have heard a few stories from people I know personally, seeing Bigfoot like things in this part of Ohio. These are normal every day folks who have no reason to lie, don’t make a habit of talking about it for fear of being called crazy. I believe them.

15. Jason January 18, 2015 at 10:43 pm - Reply

I don’t know what to think of this all I read so far is it is a hoax.Looks pretty credible to me but I am no expert.

16. OntWarrior January 19, 2015 at 7:48 am - Reply

This is a fake picture, everything in the picture has depth and color except the supposed Sasquatch, it is all black…

17. S. Squatch January 24, 2015 at 5:36 am - Reply

OMG, this is me in that photo! I can’t believe you saw me!

18. Michael January 24, 2015 at 7:40 am - Reply

It’s a hunter wearing a ghillie suit. It’s NOT clearly twice as tall as the fenceposts. You can’t tell from that perspective. It’s something that I’ve seen a lot as a hunter, and I recognized what it was immediately.

19. Masintz January 24, 2015 at 10:37 am - Reply

The photo looks exactly like my cousin Eddie, missing for the last 24 years. If anyone locates him, please send him home. Thx!

20. Scott Tuttle January 24, 2015 at 11:04 am - Reply

So did she happen to go over and take some pictures of its footprints while she was at it???!!!

• Jared July 11, 2016 at 9:48 am - Reply

She never came to look for footprints. This Sasquatch was spotted at my house on nickel plate diagonal road

21. Austin January 24, 2015 at 11:34 am - Reply

No DNA, no Bigfoot.

22. Amanda January 26, 2015 at 11:25 am - Reply

Aw, I hate it when I go out for a rural walk in my long parka with my hood up and black boots and gloves on, and someone takes a picture and calls me a Sasquatch. Maybe I should try a different color parka.

23. Linda Lamuth January 26, 2015 at 4:41 pm - Reply

WOW!!! This too cool! I read a book about bigfoot about 42 years ago, and I’ve been a believer ever since. I don’t care about the skeptics – their lives just might be boring. Don’t want to mess up the monotony, right? If the nurse doesn’t care to be hasselled by a bunch of nut cases, she should keep her name to herself. You go Gurtz!!! Keep the faith!

24. Cindi January 27, 2015 at 9:39 am - Reply

Hate to burst the Bigfoot bubble but if you google bigfoot images you can clearly see that this is a photoshopped silhouette of another photo. The placement of hands feet and head are exactly the same as a photo on the Ohio Bigfoot Organization site.

25. Curtis February 10, 2015 at 7:04 pm - Reply

From what I understand about bigfoot, the arms are not long enough, the hands should be large enough to cover nore tha half of a woven wire segment, and who says the posts are 4 feet tall. Woven fence wire usually has barbed wire strung over the top, if the posts are that tall. I do not see a picnic table. I see something that may be some broken wood, but is not really recognized. Just saying.

26. thomas May 18, 2015 at 8:05 am - Reply

Completely fake. If anyone actually doesn’t recognize this photo, take a look at Patterson’s famous bigfoot sighting from the late 60s.

27. believer February 6, 2016 at 3:28 am - Reply

I have no idea if this is real or fake….I do know I have seen articles from the very earliest Ohio newspapers about sightings of the horrific “Grassman”. Entire villages were terrified, and teams sent to kill it. The native Americans in this area confirm this to be true for centuries before anyone “settled”Ohio. Makes you wonder. I happen to know “aliens”are also real, they are just demons. Makes me think this might just explain the whole Bigfoot thing. That’s why they’re elusive, and can seem to disappear. Do some research. Read Steve Quayle. But whether you believe a word of this, the ONLY safety is in the Lord Jesus Christ. Seek Him, and you WILL find Him. The world as we all know it, is about to change, and The Blood of Jesus, God’s only Son, is the ONLY hope you’ll have. We are all sinners, and none of us will see heaven unless we believe in our hearts Jesus Christ is Lord, that He died for our sins, and God raised Him to life on the third day. Call on His Name, He’ll show up if you really mean out, or are even truly searching for Truth. Jesus is the Truth, Way and Life. No one comes to The Father, but by Him. God bless you all!

28. Jared July 11, 2016 at 9:50 am - Reply

This Sasquatch is fake. I know from experience and it is at my house. You guys can see it whenever. Live on nickel plate diagonal in Lagrange. It’s still up. It’s a metal cutout that we put up for fun 2 years ago and no one realized it until this news article was made.

29. Frank M August 17, 2016 at 8:43 am - Reply

Someone said this was a wide open area which looks to be the case. So why didn’t they click video and film it moving along the fence line. Would have been a great video. But then how do you get a giant cutout or a photo shopped photo to move? Fake as shit!

30. AmericanCryptid June 10, 2017 at 1:20 pm - Reply

Obvious hoax “photo” the “bigfoot” is a common bigfoot logo used. Just search google for bigfoot logo, you will find the exact shape on various logos websites and companies use. I know of a local trash server that used to operate near here years ago that used the same bigfoot shape on it’s business logo.
    It is that classic Patterson bigfoot video still shape.
    The truly sad thing is that bullshit account in the article even made it into the cryptozoology news.