‘Baby Bigfoot’ and its ‘Mother’ Spotted in Virginia Town

Posted on Sep 14 2015 - 6:09pm by Cryptozoology News

BEDFORD, Va. — A Virginia woman claims she saw a pair of Bigfoot creatures near a property in Bedford County.

Virginia State Route 43. Credit: Mr. Matte CC BY-SA 3.0

Virginia State Route 43. Credit: Mr. Matte CC BY-SA 3.0

The 59-year-old woman, a retired Bedford resident who provided a full name but asked for anonymity, told Cryptozoology News she was driving west on State Route 43 when she came across the couple on Sept. 9. She claims the two animals were next to a mail box at a specific address that was omitted for privacy reasons.

“It was just outside of Bedford, 11:38 p.m., it was next to the mail box for -omitted address- on 43, where there is a gravel poured drive,” she explained.

She says she initially mistook the purported cryptid for a deer and that, as her vehicle approached them, she quickly realized she was looking at something else.

“That was no deer… it was much taller, about 6 feet from the hips down. It appeared the Mom, I assume, since there was a baby with it, put the baby down and was bending over for rocks. At that time, the baby looked right at me.

The woman described it as a 3-feet-tall  “furry creature” with a brown nose.

“It hit the mom at mid thigh… It looked just like a Wookiee,” she said.

The Wookies are a fictional species of bipeds in the Star Wars world first appearing on Episode IV: A New Hope in 1977.

The Virginia resident says the smaller creature appeared to be surprised to see her.

“I guess we look like aliens to them.”

Reportedly, she went to the spot of the sighting next day and found a series of footprints that she says led her into the woods.

“There was a path worn in that direction. There were three prints, with about a 36 inch stride.  The first print you come upon is the best, prints are difficult to produce in gravel, but the first one is in fine gravel.  There are two circles next to each other where it appeared the mom put the baby down.”

The woman said she reported the sighting to authorities but that they didn’t bother to come to check the area.

“The deputy who took my information said he had never heard of such in his 10 years of working as a deputy,” she said.

Back in February, another Virginia woman came forward revealing her alleged encounter with a similar creature decades earlier.

In 2014, a man released a series of photographs that showed what he called a non-blurry “Bigfoot” on top of a dead tree at a Virginia lake.

In 1986, two men claimed to have been attacked by what they described as a black gorilla near Cacapon, in the contiguous state of West Virginia.

Bedford, formerly known as Liberty, became a town in 1839 and has a population of 7,000.

Update: The eyewitness reveals she worked for the DoD and adds new details about her alleged Bigfoot sighting.

1. Cindy September 16, 2015 at 4:42 pm - Reply

I have also seen an UFO (unidentified furry object) on route 43, one night in 2012. It was not a bear, deer or person. It was crossing the road in between corn fields.

2. Ive seen them September 16, 2015 at 6:41 pm - Reply

i was abducted by aliens a few years ago so I know this is true

• Lee December 10, 2016 at 1:52 am - Reply

Shut up with that silliness..you do serious sighting a disservice when you blatantly lie..your nocturnal Hallucinations have no connection

3. William Dranginis September 17, 2015 at 5:40 am - Reply

I would like to speak to the witness if possible. Thank you!
    Please make contact through my phone or website. 703-***-6202
    VirginiaBigfootResearch

4. Darryl September 17, 2015 at 3:26 pm - Reply

That is not to far from my encounter in Franklin county.

5. Chef Haywood September 18, 2015 at 5:01 pm - Reply

Yes i have seen Big foot also. I cooked a steak with mash potatoes and green beans one night and the bigfoot came over for supper. I have pics but wil not post or give my address for privacy reasons 🙂

• Pete Beck October 30, 2015 at 12:16 pm - Reply

Did you at least swap email addresses or cell numbers?

6. richard duff September 30, 2015 at 4:33 pm - Reply

shes trying to find her man for child support

7. Pete Beck October 30, 2015 at 12:14 pm - Reply

If large ape like hominids existed in North America, why is there no fossil record? In addition, there has been no credible sightings or discovery of remains.
    I know, I’m a spoil-sport.

8. Keith C November 15, 2015 at 11:13 am - Reply

I can believe that it was in the 70s when I seen a sighting at the bottom of peaks bottom of Suck Mt.

9. Debra February 7, 2016 at 11:32 am - Reply

I have seen 1 Bigfoot in McCkean Virginia @ Great Falls. Really! Just saying, I believe because I saw.

10. glen May 24, 2016 at 3:34 pm - Reply

There are two b foot that are seen early sunrise va side of great fall’s at least twice a week. I don’t know how but they always know if your around. They seem to know your intentions.
    You can’t find them if they want it that way. Respect them and they will reveal themselves. Works for me at least 20 times